By Krissy Nocerino, Public Relations Manager, Disney Cruise Line
Okay, I’m going to say it … while there are so many fun activities for every member of the family onboard the Disney Wish, the kids are really going to have the best time ever.
Let’s head onboard for a look at the fun that’s in store for kids of all ages – from an immersive wonderland of heroes, princesses and storytellers, to a whimsical nursery for babies and toddlers, to some seriously cool hangouts for tweens and teens.
Disney’s Oceaneer Club is filled with endless entertainment. But before we dive into the specialized programming here, we need to talk about how you get in to this location. A twisting slide magically appears in the Grand Hall on deck 3 to transport children directly (and securely) into the central hub of Disney’s Oceaneer Club on deck 2. How cool is that!
This exciting playspace is exclusive to children ages 3 to 12 and features a variety of richly themed locations with incredible activities that are led by Disney counselors.
- Marvel Super Hero Academy helps young “recruits” train to be the next generation of super heroes with engaging activities like “Avengers: Mission Training,” a gesture-based game where kids design their own super suits and virtually battle bad guys. Plus, there are lots of opportunities to have fun with favorite characters including Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Ant-Man and the Wasp.
- Star Wars: Cargo Bay hosts a first-of-its-kind interactive experience, “Star Wars: Creature Challenge,” where kids become creature handlers and learn to manage some mischievous, exotic beings from across the galaxy, before joining an important mission to help Rey and Chewbacca channel the force and rescue the ship from destruction.
- Fairytale Hall boasts a royal trio of activity rooms where kids join favorite Disney Princesses and Frozen Queens to let their creativity shine at Rapunzel’s Art Studio, read and act out stories at Belle’s Library, and put newfound icy powers to the test at Anna and Elsa’s Sommerhus.
- Walt Disney Imagineering Lab is a brand-new location where kids will discover the secrets of our world-renowned Disney Imagineers with hands-on activities and inventive experiments. Kids will even have the chance to create their own roller coaster and then climb into a capsule where they virtually ride their imaginative masterpiece at the Ride Studio.
- Mickey and Minnie Captain’s Deck is a brand-new nautical playground for kids that is home to the signature experience “Minnie’s Captain Academy.” During this high-energy training session, kids will play games, dance and participate in maritime “drills” that test their imagination during fun challenges tied to STEAM principles (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics).
For the littlest cruisers ages 6 months to 3 years, It’s a Small World Nursery offers babysitting services in a whimsical environment where little ones play games, make crafts, watch movies, read books and even spend time with special Disney friends.
At Edge, tweens ages 11 to 14 have fun, make friends and play games in a bright, colorful hangout inspired by a chic New York City loft. This is the perfect spot for tweens to capture cool, shareable vacation pics that will be the envy of their friends back home.
At Vibe, teens ages 14 to 17 can meet new friends, watch movies, play games and participate in activities created just for them. Inspired by a Parisian artists’ loft, this stylish space is the hippest spot for trendy teens and features vibrant neon signs, funky pop art and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the ocean.
I’m only a little bit jealous that I can’t go into these spaces myself! But for all the adults like me who wish they could experience the kids clubs themselves, be sure to stop by during an Open House to test out these incredible spaces. We can’t wait to see you onboard soon!