By Alex Dunlap, Food & Beverage Communications Coordinator
WELCOME, HUNGRY MORTALS, TO A VERY HAUNTED FOODIE GUIDE! I am your foodie, your ghost foodie … Our tour begins here in this blog, where you’ll find some of our ghost’s favorite dishes in their corruptible, mortal state. So read on and get your ghoulish appetites ready, there’s no turning back now!
In case you haven’t guessed yet, we’re getting ready to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland park! And you know what that means: NEW EATS AND TREATS! Our Disneyland chefs have created a spooky array of delightfully delicious offerings just for the occasion. These offerings will be available starting August 9, 2019.
FRONTIERLAND & CRITTER COUNTRY
- Rancho del Zocalo: The Long Forgotten Duelist Tacos – two fry bread tacos featuring grilled fajita beef and braised butter chicken served with Mexican rice and pickled vegetables
- Hunny Spot: Haunted Mansion Crispy Treat
- New Orleans Churro Cart: Bride Churro – elegantly-dressed churro in a bouquet of vanilla and sugar
- Critter Country Churro Cart: Groom Churro – classic churro dressed in a duo of dark and milk chocolate
HUNGRY BEAR RESTAURANT (Available through Aug. 25, Mobile Ordering available via the Disneyland App)
- Dead-cadent Funnel Cake – house funnel cake with a decadent brownie, white chocolate raspberry ice cream and chocolate pearls
- The Caretaker – crispy pork belly seasoned with house spices, layered with BBQ sauce, grilled onions, cheese sauce, house-made pickle, and crispy slaw, and served on a potato roll with french fries
BLUE BAYOU RESTAURANT
- We’ve BEAN Dying to MEAT You! – spiced stew of pork sausage, oxtails, and kidney beans with Lousiana popcorn rice
- Dynamite Seafood Hush Puppies – spicy hush puppies with shrimp, tasso ham, corn, Bloody Mary aïoli and greens
- Opera Singer Cake – almond sponge cake with coffee, chocolate ganache, chocolate glaze, coffee buttercream, Chantilly cream and raspberry sauce
- Sarah ‘Sally’ Slater’s Swamp Fries – crawfish étouffée atop sweet potato fries with chorizo, clams, tomatoes, sweet corn and green onion
- Swinging Wake Cake – layered chocolate and vanilla sponge cake with caramel-banana filling, caramel buttercream frosting and a sugar candle
HARBOUR GALLEY (Mobile Ordering available via the Disneyland App)
- 13th-Hour Brew – iced coffee with vanilla cream
- Ghost Mariner’s Seafood Boil – Cajun buttered shrimp with red potatoes, corn, andouille sausage
- The Wedding Cake – buttercream frosting, cherries and cream cheese filling finished with a splatter of cherry sauce
MINT JULEP BAR (Mobile Ordering available via the Disneyland App)
- Blackberry Midnight Julep – blackberry, citrus and mint with lychee “moon”
- “Honey…I Do” Beignets (Available through Sept. 5) – sweet beignets topped with honey praline and powdered sugar
ROYAL STREET VERANDA (Mobile Ordering available via the Disneyland App)
- Pickwick Ghost Punch – fruit and citrus juices with sherbet
- Professor Phineas Plump’s “Cure-All” Fritters – pimento cheese fritters with ghost pepper ranch dressing
RIVER BELLE TERRACE
- Sliders Materialize! – spicy pork belly slider (served on toasted brioche and topped with crisp cabbage slaw and pomegranate vinaigrette) and savory pork belly slider (served on toasted brioche with black pepper bacon mayo, butter lettuce, cherry tomatoes and a crispy bacon “spike”)
- “Hitchhiking” Ghost Blue Velvet Cake – blue velvet cake with blueberry purée, rice croquette brittle and vanilla-blueberry crisp
Everything listed above will be available at Disneyland park starting August 9. In addition to these scary good offerings, there will be even more eerie eats available exclusively at both of the “The Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years of Retirement Unliving” after-hours events on August 7 and 8. Chow down on the cheddar cheese “Foolish Mortal” Popcorn with spicy cheese puffs or cool off with the Doom Buggy Sundae: a cream-filled sponge cake encased in funnel batter dusted with chocolate “graveyard grounds” and topped with white chocolate raspberry ice cream, strawberry sauce, and whipped cream. Or for a savory option, see into the future with Madame Leota’s Awakening Biscuits and Grave-y featuring buttermilk biscuits with prosciutto and blackberry jam buried in andouille sausage gravy. Those items and more will be available on event nights only, and all locations and offerings are subject to change. For more information on these separate ticket events, check out our recent blog with all of the details.
So join our grim grinning ghosts and come socialize (and snack) with us! We’ve been dying to have you …
If you would like to join our jamboree, make final arrangements now by visiting the Disneyland Resort website. For more information on all of the locations listed above and to make a reservation, visit the Disneyland Resort Dining Page or call 714 781-DINE (714 781-3463).
Happy snacking, foolish mortals!